Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bartle Test

One of the best parts of the Realms of Despair community is the production of the Cry of Despair. Basically this is a newspaper/magazine produced in game by the players on a semi-regular basis. The most recent edition discusses the Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology. This test divides a game like the Realms of Despair into 4 different areas - exploring, achieving, killing and socializing and asks the player which order their prioritise them. My results were as follows:

I'm not surprised that I came up mostly as an explorer. Finding hidden little secrets that no-one knows is a great feeling. I have been a little too busy on the achieving side to do any exploring of late - finishing off levelling characters and equipping them takes up time. Hopefully I'll be able to get back onto exploring more soon. I was however surprised that I came up as more of a killer than a socializer. But with the new guild restructures I'll be able to have opportunities to do a lot more socializing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment